Monday, February 21, 2011

More sickness...ugh!!

So now Chris is sick!!! This normally would not be a big deal and I would be very loving and nurturing towards him, but I really think it is karma on his part...if I were to believe in that.

Since I was sick last Monday I did ask him not to come into town so that I could rest, but by middle of the week I was feeling better and wanted to hang out and do Valentine's treats with him. Everytime I asked him to come into town he stressed how he didn't want to get sick and if he got sick then it would ruin our weekend plans. He was right so I stopped asking. Friday finally came and I was so excited to be feeling better and I was ready to celebrate an early birthday for Chris. I had gotten him tickets to the Red Dirt Mardi Gras to see Josh Abbott, Wade Bowen and the Randy Rogers Band. But when Chris gets to my house he is all sniffly. He claimed it was just allergies but the night went downhill fast and it was obvious he was sick. He was trooper and we did enjoy all the music, but I know he felt bad. So the rest of the weekend Chris was in bed and I was left missing him again.

So I ended up cutting into and eating my cheesecake alone on Saturday night. It is really good, but really rich. It is definitely a "special occasion" treat. I really like the cheesecake part of it though. It's hard to find a not too sweet cheesecake part but this one is really good, so I will be using that part of it again! Hopefully Chris and I will both be well by the middle of the week and we can try again to see each other...oh the woes of dating!






1 comment:

Faith said...

So sorry you've both been sick!
Did you make the cheesecake or buy? It looks fantastic!