Monday, November 07, 2011

Birthday Weekend



I had a fabulous birthday weekend! It started Friday at school. It was pajama day so we all got to dress comfy and then we decided to do a dessert bar. There are several of us with birthdays around this time and we had already done several pot-lucks so we decided to do something different and just do all sweets! I made my famous (or Paula Deen's famous) Chocolate Explosion Cheesecake, there was a pumpkin roll, cake balls, Kool Aid pie, flan, chocolate pie and an apple cake. It was all soooo good and perfect for a Friday afternoon treat!! For my present from Richard, he got us tickets to the Tech/UT game on Saturday! I had never been to the Longhorn stadium, so that was an experience in itself. And I also had never been one of the few in the opposing team's colors. That was a little awkward, but everyone was very nice. We took a bus from our parking spot to the stadium and as we were walking down the aisle to our seats one girl whispered to her dad "awwww, look she's wearing red and black" LOL...like I was disabled or something!! It was hilarious! The game did not go well for Tech, but it was a lot of fun anyways!! Richard and I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon just hanging out without kids, which we don't get to do very often! On Sunday, Richard and the kids were able to come into town for church and then stay for pizza and the Cowboy game. It's been a lazy Sunday to end a perfect birthday weekend! I have a feeling 32 is going to be a GREAT year!!

The dessert table at work
Pajama Day with my co-workers!!

My co-worker got me these cute Tech socks!!
The parachuters flew in the flags and the game ball all before the jets did their fly over...that was really neat to see!!
A house divided



No comments: