Sunday, February 12, 2012

D-Now

Richard's friend Charles asked us a few months back if we would be interested in helping out at his Disciple Now weekend.  Of course, we said yes and have been so excited for this weekend to come.  We spent most of the weekend at a camp ground site in cabins. There was good music, good preaching and a lot of fun!! Richard spoke Friday night and I really enjoyed hearing him. It was the first time I have really heard him preach to a group and I was amazed at how easy he made it look. He has a great sense of humor and a strong foundation in scripture and both of those are evident when he speaks. It's hard to put into words, but seeing him up there, teaching scripture and being so passionate about God and His Kingdom made me fall in love with him just a little more. 

On Saturday, we left the camp grounds for a little while to catch the Baylor women's basketball game. It was a great game and it was fun to spend some time with his family. Then it was back to camp for the final worship service and small groups. I don't know why, but I am always taken aback when God uses me.  It is a very humbling experience and I am thankful He chooses me to help Him with His work.  The whole weekend was a lot of fun and seeing God move through the lives of those teenagers was the best part!!


Last minute preparations

Sic 'em Bears!

No comments: