Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Laughter

God will let you laugh again; you'll raise the roof with shouts of joy
Job 8:21 MSG

I recently read this scripture in one of my devotionals and it really resonated with me.  It was not so long ago that I remember crying out to God in such pain and confusion about the direction my life had taken.  I wondered if I would ever be happy again.  As I read that scripture, I smiled and thought "He is faithful!"  I find myself laughing, enjoying each day and looking forward to the future again.   

As I continually filter my thoughts and actions through the word CRAVE, I have found myself growing closer to Him, but in a different way because I am now sharing that with Richard.  It's neat to share my prayer requests with him and vice versa and then to pray about it individually and come back together and share what God has shown us and for it to be similar.  I've never experienced that before and I think it's so cool!! As I continually try to crave Him daily, I am surprised at the places I find Him when I am looking...a child's hug at school, 'I love you' in sign language on a bumper sticker,  a perfect song played at the perfect time, the sunset...

...and through it all I hear Him whisper 'I love you'!  I feel so blessed for the laughter He has put back into my life and for the ways He still pursues me and shows His love.

No comments: