Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's 2012

I love Valentine's Day!  I love being able to spoil the ones I love with little gifts and extra hugs and kisses on that day, for no other reason except that I love them!  I got Troy and Teague each a new cup and a sucker and a little stuffed animal monkey, which they loved, surprisingly enough!!  They have both taken them everywhere, including school, for the last 4 days!  Soooo cute!!!  I had also stashed away some gifts for Kelby, Koby and Baylee at Richard's house prior to Valentine's Day so he was able to surprised them with a few little things that I thought they would enjoy!  I didn't get an pictures of them opening their gifts, but I did get a sweet card from Koby!


They had the best time giving their monkeys piggy back rides!
 Here is the card Koby made me at school.

 Since Valentine's fell on a weekday, Richard and I decided to celebrate on Friday night.  We went to an Italian restaurant and to get ice cream with some friends and then after that we exchanged gifts.  I had told him a couple of months back that I wanted us to make our gifts...build something, bake something, write something, make something, etc...just something home-made and from the heart.  I made him a deck of cards that read like a book with 52 things I loved about him.  I saw this idea and knew I had to do it!!  It turned out really cute and I think he really appreciated it!
He wrote me the sweetest love letter!  I was surprised and I loved reading it!!  And still love reading it over and over!  There is just something so special about heart felt words penned on paper by the one you love!!  It was perfect!!




No comments: