Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas with the Pippens

We spent Christmas Eve at my aunt's house.  We had appetizers, stew, corn bread and lime in the coconut drinks that my aunt learned to make from her friend in the Virgin Islands... and they are fabulous!  Before dinner, we decided to make a video of us singing Feliz Navidad for my brother in the islands.  It turned out pretty good.  This is the still shot of all of us!

After dinner, we played You've Been Sentenced.  It's a game that requires a little thinking, but it was a lot of fun.  Amber was the round 1 winner and Sonja was the round 2 winner. 
Christmas morning we always have candy cane coffee cakes.  Mom usually makes them, but the last two years I have made them.  They were yummy and they are just what I crave while we open gifts.
 Ever since I have been little we pass out gifts and then open them one at a time going around the circle.  When I was little, this was very annoying because we just wanted to open them all real quick, but now I really enjoy the slowness of it all.  We started around 9 this morning and got finished a little before noon.  There's gift opening, coffee drinking, coffee cake eating...it's really nice and never rushed. 
Dad got a fish made out of a tree.
 I got a Keurig!!
 And Amber and I got a recipe book that my mom made with all her favorite recipes typed out, organized and put in alphabetical order!!  I am excited to have all my best recipes all in one spot now!!


Amber and I had a lot of fun taking lots of pictures throughout the day!
 And we even got to experience a white Christmas.  A little before lunch is started snowing and snowed for about 4 hours.  It was really beautiful!!
We sat down for lunch at about 3pm and mom did an outstanding job on the meal.  It was a 6 course meal that started with soup followed by salad and then sorbet to cleanse our palates.  The main course was beef tenderloin, bourbon carrots, green beans, smashed garlic potatoes, and rolls.  Dessert started with chocolate wine served in edible chocolate cups followed by pie.  It was wonderful and since we stretched all that food out over 2 hours we didn't feel stuffed after eating it all. 


It was a great Christmas day!!  I am looking forward to getting the boys back and celebrating again with them soon!!

No comments: