Sunday, December 30, 2012

Irreplaceable

As I slowly wrap my head around being a step mom to a teenage girl, I keep thinking about the values I want to pass on to Baylee.  On several occasions I have mentioned the value of good girl friends and being a good girl friend!  I think this is one of the most important pieces of wisdom I could instill in her; make and keep good friends.

As a crazy 7th grader, I became friends with Laura, Tanna and Tara.  In the moment, we were best friends who always had fun and kept each other out of trouble! Looking back I think God had such a strong hand in bringing us together and keeping us together through the years and miles between us.  I tell Baylee often that the friends she chooses now could potentially be the friends she stands beside during their weddings and the hands she holds while in the delivery room.  Great friends are irreplaceable and although we each have great friends in our lives outside of one another, no one will quite know my heart as these women do, through 20 years of life experiences shared between us. 

We were able to leave all the kids, except sweet Audree,  and grab a bite to eat last night.  We took this picture and sent it to Tara all the way around the world and she immediately replied back!  It was neat to have all four of us there, even if it was only through texting!!  I love technology!!  Even though we are 20 years older and are now wives and mothers, we still laugh and talk and reminisce like we are 13! 
 
I heard this song on the radio and it made me think of the four of us many years ago.  We didn't want to escape or get away from our lives, but we did stay up late and talk and dance and laugh and I truly believe that is what kept us from falling into all the normal teenage mistakes.  I am so thankful for these women and the time, effort and love we have put into preserving our friendship through the years!



Flashback photos...1998
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww sweet post!!! Loved dinner last night. And yes, we definitely kept each other out of trouble!! Love you