Sunday, December 09, 2012

Kari Jobe concert


Richard and I went to the Kari Jobe and Warren Barfield concert last night and really enjoyed it!! Both of their performances were wonderful! And, of course, God showed up!! Warren started out the show and one of his first songs was called Redbird. I was immediately interested because I have always had a thing for Redbirds. Whenever I would see one, it always seemed to stand out; it's bright red feathers against the green leaves, brown tree branch or blue sky. The redness always reminded me of Christ's sacrifice for me and I took that moment to thank Him for what He did for me on the Cross. But as Warren explained why he wrote that song for his children and wife the tears came down uncontrollably, and I have learned that when that happens God is speaking directly to my soul in that moment. Warren told us that redbirds were not migratory birds and while other birds leave to find more comfortable weather, redbirds stay, even though it's tough. He also said that redbirds are monogamous and mate for life. All of sudden the redbird was given a whole new meaning to me and my Eternal Husband reminded me in a unique way that He will never leave me and I am His forever. It was such a special moment to hear him sing that song that he wrote for his family, but in my heart it was being sung over me straight from God.

Kari Jobe came out next and she is so adorable! She put on a great show and we went from worshiping Jesus to caroling Christmas songs and then back to worshiping again. It's been awhile since I have been to a Christian concert and it was so uplifting. Richard was one of the few men that attended and we laughed about the fact that we seemed to have sat right in the middle of the college girls section, but I think he enjoyed it immensely, too!! If you ever get a chance to see either of them in concert, I highly recommend it!!






No comments: