Saturday, December 01, 2012

Wonderful time of year!

I love this time of year! It's been a tradition the last several years to put up my Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. Depending on the visitation schedule sometimes I am alone and enjoy decorating to loud Christmas music and a glass of wine, sometimes the boys are with me and we do it together as a family and this year Richard and all the kids were over and the kids played while Richard and I got the tree straight and then I decorated it!  I don't have a fireplace at my new place so I had to get creative on a way to hang 7 stockings.  All I need now are the presents to go under the tree!!  


Our Elf of the Shelf has been a lot of fun. Teague decided his name should be Elfa and Troy agreed, so that is his name. And surprisingly, he has kind of turned into a tattle ear. Teague is very quick to let Elfa know that Troy is not sharing!! And I regularly hear him telling him about the Batman monster truck he wants. One morning Elfa ended up in Teague's stocking and they thought that was pretty cool!!


Troy also lost his second tooth that evening.  He wiggled and wiggled and wiggled until it started bleeding and then he got a little scared when he saw the blood, so I tied some floss around it and popped it out!  That night the tooth fairy and Elfa made a visit and the next morning was fun watching them look for Elfa's new hiding spot and enjoy the money he found under his pillow!  I am loving this age and all the childhood magic that goes along with it!!




No comments: