Sunday, January 06, 2013

My One Word


It's time again to pick my one word for the year.
Three years ago I started choosing a word for the year that I would focus
on rather than trying to meet a resolution, and it has worked really
well for me. In 2011, my word was 'Adventure', which was a lot of fun.
In 2012, my word was 'Crave', which was a little more difficult, but
worth the effort. After each year comes to a close, I realize that
after 365 days of focusing on something, it's kind of ingrained
in me now, which makes each new year an addition instead of a replacement.
I didn't have any devine moment this year on what my word should be, and
I am hoping it's not selfish desires that led me to this word, but I had
a strong feeling I wanted my word to be 'Community.' After 7 months in a
new place, I feel I have finally created a nice routine and feel like
this is home. I think we have all adjusted to the new house, new job,
new school, new church, and new way of life. Now I want to get plugged
in and start making true friends and building community with those around
us. I'm really looking forward to what God will do in 2013!!


No comments: