Saturday, January 26, 2013

Prayer and Fasting


Well it didn't take long for God to stretch me when it came to my 'one word' of Community this year. Richard and I have been attending a church here in town for about 9 months and have really enjoyed it. Even before I moved here, I knew that is where I wanted to go to church. It's a church that really challenges followers and I have really liked that. Now that we are really trying to get plugged in we have reached out to the youth pastor and women's leader and have started making connections to help out in areas where we feel led. This coming up week the church will start a corporate fast along with 24 hours of prayer at the church for 15 days. They are concentrating on praying for others, our community and for God to increase the Kingdom. Richard and I have prayed about it, and although we are both anxious as to whether we can complete the full 15 days, I know God will bless us tremendously as we strive to decrease our flesh and increase our spirit. We will start with a Daniel fast, then move to a juice/broth fast and finish with water only. I have bought all the necessities and I am hoping that being prepared will help keep us on track when it gets tough. I am excited to see what He teaches me during this time and I am also excited to see how He grows Richard and I as a couple through this experience.


No comments: