Friday, February 01, 2013

The next 5 days

So we finished our first 5 days of the Daniel fast. It was neat to see what exactly my body was going to do and how I respond to it. We started Sunday night at 6pm and I kept looking at the clock thinking "what else can I eat real quick?" Like if I stuffed it in before 6pm then that would somehow make it easier?1?! As the week went on, surprisingly, I didn't find myself too hungry at any point in time, but I did notice that I was getting very little satisfaction from what I was eating. I am so used to eating what I want, when I want, and truly enjoying it. Although I love fruits and vegetables, when you can't eat meat, dairy, or carbs, it seems like that is all I wanted! I would be a horrible dieter!! So, at the end of the night I would not be hungry, but would still be craving satisfaction in what I was eating.

Also, the first day or two back at school after the weekend, ALL the books I was reading to the kids had to do with food!! Really?!!? And today my co-teacher bought tamales...hot and fresh and homemade! UGH!! The torture!! But, so far we have stayed strong! I have been doing a ton of praying alone for all the prayer needs I have come across, which seemed to multiple just in a week! And Richard and I have also done more collective praying than usual, which has been nice.

Tonight starts juices and broths only.  I have things in bags in the fridge to help with the preparation, which would totally throw me off if I didn't have it ready when I felt those hunger pangs.  I am praying that we can continue to stay strong, find our strength in Him and finish this thing out!!

Tomorrow's lunch...Tropical Envy...I  know you all are envious!!  ;)




No comments: