Wednesday, February 06, 2013

I can see the light!


The juice/broth portion of the fast is over and as much as I didn't want it to come, now I really don't want to see it go!! We tried our blender concoctions a few times and Richard just wasn't digging the consistency of them. It was more like applesauce and less like juice. But then our friend, Jacob told us about Jamba Juice and we became VERY good customers of theirs over the last 5 days!! Just going to Jamba Juice so often we ran into several church members that we see at church but never talk to, and this was a great opportunity to break the ice a bit and start talking to people, so I really enjoyed that.

Also, we signed up for a few times to go to the church and pray.  In Chronicles it talks about how David pitched a tent for the ark of God.  So, our church tried to create the atmosphere of David's Tent as a place where our 24 hour prayer would take place over the 15 day stretch.  My first time to go was Saturday morning and I didn't know what to expect.  I punched in the code and slowly went in.  The guy that had signed up for the time slot right before me was gathering his things and waved good-bye, but no words were exchanged.  There was soft music in the background, candles were the only lighting, couches, blankets, kneeling benches, large pillows on the floor, coffee tables with pens, Bibles, paper and tissue.  It was so serene.  I just sat there for awhile and took it all in.  It truly did feel like the Spirit of God was just hanging out in there.  I read a few verses, prayed for those that He brought to mind, and then just sat in His presence again.  As I heard the next person enter, I knew my time must be up, but I didn't want to go.  (and I could have stayed, but I wanted to give the next person the privacy I was given to worship and pray however they wanted without the presence of anyone else around.)  SO I gathered my things and headed out, revived and energized!  It was really neat!



On Saturday night, they have what is called Encounters.  There is no real structure to it other than they have a prayer room, a prophetic room and a healing room available for those that get there early and sign up.  In the main room the worship team is playing music continuously, but there is no message.  You are free to worship or pray or visit, and come and go as you want.  The freedom of it was something I had never experienced.  I really wanted to sign up for the prophetic room, but I was hesitant and it filled up.  I was a little bummed, but figured we could go again next month and I could sign up.  But God knew my heart and surprised me.  During Sunday morning worship, a young woman walked up to me and asked if she could pray over me.  Of course, I said yes!  In the middle of her prayer she stopped and said God had given her a vision for me.  She said she saw a history or genealogy book and that my name was in it and the legacy I would leave would be remembered for generations and generations to come.  She immediately went back to praying and then hugged me and returned to her seat.  It was unreal!  First, because I couldn't believe God met the desire of my heart, since I was unable to get into the prophetic room the night before.  Second, because I have felt that calling for about a year now.  My very first time at that church last spring, I felt God telling me He had a big job for me within these children He has given me.  I have not taken that lightly, but it does get overwhelming at times.  I know there is a reason He blessed me with not 2 children, but 5!  As I desire to be a Proverbs 31 woman I know the hard work it's going to take to raise these kids to fear God, but what a great reward in the end!  Her vision only confirmed what I already knew and rejuvenated me to continue to fulfill what God has called me to do.

This journey has been amazing already and we haven't even started the hard part!!  The hunger pangs have completely gone away and the battle seems more mental with my self control, more than anything, of me just wanting to eat.  I am also noticing that I take a lot of comfort in food.  I love cooking it,  eating it, and savoring it.  I miss that and really look forward to that part again!  So today starts water only, which is scary but we do see the light at the end of the tunnel!  I'm hoping we can continue to stay strong as we continue to keep our eyes on God and pray His heart!!


No comments: