Monday, February 11, 2013

Food!!

The water portion part of the fast was super difficult!! From the very beginning I had said that as long as I was just battling hunger then I would try to stay strong, but if it became light headed or dizziness then I would end the fast early. Thursday was ok, most of the day. I didn't really feel hungry, which I haven't in a week or so, but I could tell I was so tired! It felt like I could close my eyes at any moment and sleep forever! That made work really tough, but I made it! Thursday night my parents were in town so we all went to dinner and I stayed strong with my glass of water! I went to bed super early and felt tolerable. Friday morning, however was a different story. Again, I was so tired and just had no energy or motivation really to move! Once I got to work I did a lot of sitting. I read and sang and did my whole lesson sitting. When it was time to go outside I told the kids to line up and I stood up too fast and found myself grabbing for a wall to hold myself up. That was it for me. I found some pineapple juice in my room and drank it to raise my blood sugar and texted Richard to see how he was doing. He seemed to be doing better than me, but I told him I was going back to juices and he didn't hesitate to ask what time my lunch was so we could meet at Jamba Juice!! LOL!! We were planning on ending the fast on Saturday anyways because we had plans for the weekend with friends, but I was hoping to make it through Friday. When Saturday came, we tried to eat normal, but we both noticed that we couldn't eat nearly the amount that we used to, so we just snacked.  By the time Saturday night rolled around we were both really looking forward to steak and never before have I appreciated the taste of food so much.  It was delicious and we savored every bite. 


Then we were off to the comedy club. It was a good show with good company!






Afterwards, we were hungry again so we went to The Cheesecake Factory. Richard got the red velvet cheesecake and I got the chocolate chip cookie dough. YUM!!! It was a great, relaxing weekend that we truly enjoyed every moment of!





No comments: