Saturday, June 01, 2013

Surprise!

As I look at the calendar I am amazed that I am already 6 months into my "word" for 2013!  It goes so fast! I chose 'community' as my word for this year and I think I have done pretty well in this area so far.  We love our church that we attend and they have Life Groups that meet throughout the week and we have found a great one that we have started going to.  It is a mix of a older couples,  newly marrieds,  engaged couples, blended families; the diversity is very refreshing.  Although we have not been plugged in with this group more than a few months, they have embraced us.  This Wednesday they surprised us with a celebration of our engagement!  It was so touching, right down to the Rangers themed cake and card!  It is so important to me that we find a community of believers to live life with and I believe that we have found that.  I am excited about growing new friendships and seeing what God has in store for us as we begin our marriage together and begin to make couple friends that are "ours".







o

No comments: