Sunday, November 10, 2013

34th Birthday!

This past week I turned 34! The years keep going past, but I still feel like I am in my 20's...for the most part.  I have noticed a few more aches and pains; I have heard that after 30 your body starts going down hill.  I wish that weren't so and truly wish I could stay in my 30's forever.  So far, they have been wonderful years!!  The kids are at fun ages, my marriage is young and fresh, I feel like I am wiser than I was in my 20's...I am loving this stage of life!

We went to mom's for the birthday celebrating and the theme was perfect; TEACHING!  Here is the table décor; pencils, Crayola cups, apples, paper clips, and lunch sacks filled with goodies were the name plates.




My red velvet cheesecake!!  YUM!!

The night began with Mrs. Pippen telling us to find our seat and listen for directions.  Our assignment was to draw a picture for grading and, if deemed worthy, then we would be able to go through the lunch line.  Everyone's was different and we all got different grades.  You can see my sight word sentence with a picture of the beach got a check +.  Lol!!

Then it was on to the lunch line, complete with lunch trays and the "lunch lady"...hair net and all!!

Teague commented that this was the best school ever because it had green jello! 


The boys could not stand not opening their sacks so they have to see what was in them.  Like a lunch it had some chips, juice, cupcake with a "have a good day" note in each one and a napkin themed for each person! 
Then I got to open my presents.  I got a ton of cool things; a new curling iron, a huge umbrella to take to school, a car charger for my new phone, a Starbucks gift card, a new outfit and here are my teacher's rock socks!

and an apple with money tied to the stem for shopping!




I love seeing what my mom comes up with for everyone's birthday and I love how it's always personal for each one of us, right down to the smallest detail!  My kids are seeing how birthdays are done around here and I am going to have some big shoes to fill in keeping up with this fun birthday party idea throughout the years. Thanks, Mom!!

1 comment:

Brooklynn said...

You guys have the coolest bday celebrations!!!