Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 3

This morning I thought I would try a recipe for unleavened bread.  It was surprisingly quick and easy. 

And after only 15 minutes in the oven, it was ready. 


It had a nice flavor and consistency and was pretty filling.  So far, I have tried to stay focused on Christ and turn to Him when I feel hungry and it's proven to work...although cooking macaroni and cheese with sausage for the kids almost did me in!!  ;)

Today's meditation was on sins of speech. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 reminds us to rejoice and give thanks in all things.  I am a perfectionist, so if things aren't perfect I complain and constantly try to fix them until they are perfect. I am working on giving thanks in those situations and relinquishing control and trusting God to do what He does best.  It has always proved better for me to stay out of it and just pray expectantly, yet here I am, learning the same lesson again. As a teacher, I dislike reteaching my lessons; not so much to the ones that truly need the help, but more to the ones that just don't listen because they expect me to reteach it to them individually during the assignment. I find myself holding back an eye roll towards those students.  I bet I give God a lot of eye rolls!!  But here I am, asking to be retaught, in hopes that this is the last time I have to learn this lesson! 


No comments: