Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

We had all 5 kids for Valentine's day this year, so instead of trying to find, and pay for, a sitter, we decided to make it a family Valentine's.  Earlier in the week, Richard took all the boys to the store to pick out gifts. When they got back I asked him how it went and he said it was crazy. Not only was every other man out shopping, but the boys only stayed focused for about 20 minutes and then wanted to toy shop and run around the store. Lol!! So he tried to finish up the shopping and get out of there before he lost a kid!  I appreciate his bravery and his effort in teaching four little boys how to be men. 

Valentine's morning was spent watching the kids open a few goodies they had received and then the boys brought in all their surprises for me and Baylee. We got flowers and a balloon and jewelry and socks and candy and I even got a Starbuvks gift card! I loved how they truly took the time to think about what we liked. After we were done opening, Teague started clapping. He was so proud of himself and asked us both multiple times if we liked what they had picked out. I love seeing that even at a young age, it felt good to him to give! I love his face of anticipation here.



Last night we all got dressed up and went to have steak. Having a party of 7 I thought we would have to wait forever, but luckily they had the larger tables available since most people were couples last night.  We were in and out in no time. It was a great evening. 










No comments: