Monday, March 03, 2014

Trapped

Have you ever been trapped? Over the last several months those words have run across my mind. It is the worst feeling in the world for me!! Richard and I have been under one roof for about 7 months now. I am so thankful to be married to him and to be able to lie down next to him every night, but we are 7 people in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house and it is TIGHT!! There are many days that I feel trapped in that house. I can't go anywhere for a little peace; the living room is my boys' room, so they watch TV and play in there. Richard and I's bathroom has turned into the bathroom anyone goes to if the other one is occupied. The kitchen is constantly full of little people eating because they are hungry or eating because they are bored. Richard laughs at me because I try to do my Bible time with God in our closet, but they find me!! And how can anyone resist Teague saying "mommy, mommy"?!? I feel trapped.

Richard and I have also had our house up for sale for that same amount of time with no buyers. We have our finances in order, have a great house or two we might attempt to purchase, but ours won't sell. Trapped!

And then this morning, we had a delayed start due to the ice. I left an hour and a half early thinking that would be plenty of time, but I came up on a wreck. I was pretty far back and couldn't see anything, but I could see no one was moving. I sat there for about 10 minutes and then panicked. I had to be at work in 50 minutes and we still weren't moving! I was TRAPPED!!

I sat there with streams of tears rolling down my face as I had to surrender to the fact that I am not in control. I am sure the people around me were thinking I was nuts. It was a simple traffic jam, but for me it was a mountain of feelings all revolving around being unable to move. I prayed and gained some composure and then called my school, who was so nice and more worried about me and my safety then me being late. Eventually, other cars started turning around and driving on the shoulder of the road the opposite direction, so I followed suit and finally got to work an hour and a half later, only 15 minutes late!

I know this season is here for a specific purpose and I pray that I will trade in my feelings of boundedness for those of freedom and thankfulness, because God does soooo much for me on a daily basis!


No comments: