Saturday, March 08, 2014

Women's Retreat

Tanna's church had a Women's Retreat this weekend and asked if Laura and I would come and share our testimonies.  I was so excited to get out of school Friday and head north!! There was a ton  of traffic, but I finally made it and was ready to relax and worship.  When Laura and I got to our room we found a sweet message on our mirror.


After the Friday night sessions, we went up to the movie room and loaded up on candy. We didn't think we could stay awake for a movie so we took our candy back to the room. Tanna came in for a bit and it was like an old school slumber party!!



This morning, I got up and went for a run. It was so peaceful and a perfect way to start the day. We had a quick worship session and then broke out into small groups based on topic.  I had planned to be speaking to a group of 15-20, but there were only a handful women who signed up for my session. At first I was a little sad, but Laura was great to point out that a smaller group will be more intimate. So I gave my testimony and the words I felt like God had laid on my heart, and then just opened it up for them to talk and connect and share their struggles. It was a really neat and far better then I could have planned.


In preparation, I just assumed I would be talking to strangers, but God surprised both of us!!  In both of our sessions, there were ladies that went to high school with us. They were several years younger and we ran in different circles, but it was crazy to me that He placed women we both knew in our sessions that were going through similar struggles. I'm thankful that He orchestrated all of it so perfectly! The whole experience was so wonderful and refreshing!! 




No comments: