Thursday, May 22, 2014

Yay!!


After several years of praying, months of seeking His direction, and 6 interviews later...Richard has been hired on at our church as the Youth Pastor!  This is not only a huge answer to prayer, but also God's redeeming faithfulness on our lives.

Before I moved to this area, we found our church and attended on Sunday's whenever we could.  We loved the worship and the people and the amount of scripture that was taught at a very challenging level.  Once I moved here 2 years ago, we got even more plugged in by finding a Life Group to attend and creating friendships.  Richard loved the church, but knew he wanted to get back into the ministry and there were no open spots to do that, so he was reluctant to start making a life there.  I kept saying that our love for this church should outweigh that and you never know what God is doing further down the road.

At the first of this year, the current Youth Pastor announced that he felt God calling him to resign in the Summer of 2014.  I remember grabbing Richard's hand and squeezing it as we listened to that announcement.  Of course, Richard put in his resume and it seemed like a weird process because we know these people and they know us.  The Pastor is the one that married us!!  But they were very honest and upfront from the beginning that they wanted to be prayerful in their search to make sure they got the right man for the job.  He has interviewed with several different groups within the church over the last month or so and earlier this week they asked me to join in for an interview.  This was a little nerve racking to me to think that I might hinder his likelihood of getting this job!!  I just prayed over and over that they would see my heart.

Today, the Pastor called and asked him to come in again, but this time he offered Richard the position!  I am so excited and so proud of him!! 

In the early 2000's we were individually leading separate lives; happily married, raising babies and leading youth.  We were able to pour into so many young lives and it was wonderful.  Then life happened; the unthinkable happened for both of us and we were both knocked down.  For the last 5 years we have had to have others pour into us and so many of you guys are responsible for getting us to where we are today. We have had to rebuild what we lost and then, in God's timing, He brought us together.  I feel like He has slowly been mending wounds and healing hearts and preparing us to serve again.  Today was confirmation that it's our turn to pour into others again.  We are so excited not only to participate in youth ministry again, but to do it together. God is so faithful!

5 comments:

MissyKeen said...

This is amazing news, Brittany! I am so happy for your family. You bless people's lives without even trying. I know God has huge plans for you in this new chapter!

MissyKeen said...

This is amazing news, Brittany! I am so happy for your family. You bless people's lives without even trying. I know God has huge plans for you in this new chapter!

MissyKeen said...

This is amazing news, Brittany! I am so happy for your family. You bless people on a daily basis without even trying. I know God has huge plans for you in this new chapter!

alegna79 said...

I am so excited to read this blog!!! I am praying for your future ministry...God's timing is PERFECT!!!

Winona said...

Great news. God is good--all the time