Monday, January 01, 2018

2018 Word

My 2018 word is Others.  The Lord gave me this concept back in October when I was praying for a friend and over the last few months it has been confirmed.  The word is not glamorous and it’s going to be difficult to sustain for 365 days, but I’m willing to try.

I find I can easily become self involved in what I want the Lord to do in my life and with my family and I quickly turn inward and miss a lot of what is going on around me.  In Matthew 22:37, He gives the two commandments we are supposed to follow: love the Lord with everything and love your neighbor as yourself.  My goal is to do the second part of the commandment better in hopes that my focus will shift from inward to outward, the way it is supposed to be.  

So for the next 365 day, He is asking me to pray for a different person everyday.  I have started a running list with those that came to mind first and I will also be adding to the list as the year continues as He brings others to mind.  I am looking forward to the praying part of this task, but I am more excited about the listening part of this task.  To form a habit of listening on behalf of others...maybe to share a word of encouragement or help out financially or give a hug or reach out as a friend or maybe do nothing and let the prayer in itself be enough.  All of this can frequently be out of my comfort zone, and I know the Lord has more than I can imagine in store for this year, but I know it will be worth it so I am accepting the challenge.
 
If you have something you need prayer for and would like to be added to the list, message me and I would be honored to pray for you; no specifics needed, just your name!  Jesus was the perfect example of one who lived for others, and I pray this year I will make it my habit to do the same.  Let’s do this 2k18!

No comments: