Monday, January 08, 2018

5 years!

Today was our first day back and it was a work day.  The entire district met at the high school for a welcome back pep talk, breakfast and service awards.  This year marks the 5th year that I have been teaching, so I was awarded a shirt and during the breakfast they get a picture of all the employees at that level.





















As I think back over the last 5-8 years and how I got into this profession, I have to give God all the glory!  My degree is not in teaching, but rather Exercise and Sport Science.  Once I became a single mom I wanted a career that would keep me with the boys as much as possible and teaching was one of those careers.  Luckily, with a bachelors degree I could apply for an emergency teacher's certification and complete all the schooling here in Waco.  I was blessed with the money and time to do it, so I decided to go for it!  As I finished my schooling I sent out my resume to all the schools within a 30 mile radius and just hoped for the best.  I had no experience in an ISD, as I had only taught at Head Start, so I knew someone was going to have to take a chance on me.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would have ended up at such a wonderful district.  I have enjoyed all 5 of my years here and am so thankful of how the Lord paved the way before me long before I knew I was going to be here.  I feel so blessed and am looking forward to many more years to come!


No comments: