Friday, May 11, 2018

When prayers become a reality

Even though the beach and the snorkeling trip in Puerto Rico were amazing, the reason for our trip was my brother's business venture.  He has always wanted to open his own sports bar type place and after 8 years in Puerto Rico, it is months away from becoming a reality.  He was so excited to show us his place and all the work he has done.


 

The boys had a ton of questions and Teague was quick to tell him which parts of his ideas were and were not going to work.  We ended up calling Teague the project manager since he seemed to know all about opening and running a business!



Blake served mom the first beer from the bar.


Blake also had some of his friends, JRay and Becca, come into town to celebrate with all of us, as well! 




















This is where the roof top patio area will be constructed.

Another highlight from our trip was that Blake asked to be baptized.  With my word "Others" this year I prayed for Blake back in January.  I texted him that morning and asked if there was anything specific he needed prayer for and he responded with a few things that he was needing to happen to help get his business off the ground.  I prayed and touched base with him a few days later and then a few weeks later and within a month or so he was the one calling me telling me of all the things that the Lord was doing.  He said he knew is was God opening the doors because there is no way any of it would be happening otherwise.  I encouraged him to get into the Bible and start listening specifically for the Lord's voice and obeying what he says.  By March he was daily in the Word and having quiet times and sharing his revelations with others and praying and looking for a church... I do not think I have ever seen a more drastic transformation! As we prepared to make the trip to PR he asked if Richard would baptize him so when we arrived at the beach during our snorkel trip that was our first order of business!

We circled around Blake and the Lord had given me a word for Blake that I shared and then Richard shared a bit about what baptism is and what that looks like for a believer. Richard baptized him and then Troy prayed over him.  It was such a sweet and special time on so many levels!







I have prayed for Blake for years...like many years...like 20+ years!  God is faithful.  His timing is perfect and I know that He has big plans through Blake.  So if you have that one thing that you have been praying for and you are not seeing it come to fruition, let this testimony spur you along!  Keep praying, God hears and sees and is working even if you do not see it!! 




1 comment:

Winona said...

Oh, man! Praise the Lord! What a beautiful testimony and what an encouragement!