Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Others




The year is halfway over and I’m still going strong with my 2018 word Others. I have my list that I go to daily and it keeps me focused on who I am lifting up in prayer. I have enjoyed so much about this word this year.  As I focus on the person of the day I have found that I am very quick to identify His voice. It has really caused me to listen more and only pray what I hear. The first of my list consisted of those closest to me and in most cases I knew what that person needed prayer for, but as the days click by, we’re on day 190 now, the people on the list are more of acquaintances so I’m having to really seek Him to find out what I should pray. Sometimes I get a word, sometimes it’s an overall feeling, sometimes it’s just a verse in my daily reading that stands out, but as the day goes on I pray into whatever it is He gives me. On multiple occasions I hear to reach out to the person, so I do and it’s always spot on, for that exact day. What a faith builder for them and for me!  So much so that I don’t even hesitate anymore, even if makes no sense to me, I know it will mean something to them, so I’ll share it.

I have also learned that I don’t need to know someone’s situation to pray effectively for them. At the beginning of the year I would hear something and feel the need to contact that person and ask some questions so I could figure out what is going on before I prayed...in reality that’s just being nosy. I have become content with hearing something and praying and not asking for more details from the person or from the Lord. It’s not my business. I am only called to pray for them.

Lastly, I think I have really enjoyed connecting with people. In most cases the people don’t even know I’m praying for them, but in some weird way I feel more connected to them. I’ve prayed for friends and family and friends’ kids and friends’ family and acquaintances, but when I come in contact with a person I’ve prayed for I feel so much empathy. We are all going through things, whether we admit it or not, and we could all use a little more prayer to help us through the storms.  So if you need prayer, feel free to leave your name and I’d be honored to pray for you. 

No comments: