Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sweet Summertime

I love the lake! Some people are just “lake people”, you know?!? I am definitely one of those people! My sister settled down with a job in Glen Rose and has been living in my grandparents old lake house and with her down there it has revived our lake living days! The days are slow and quiet and spent floating or fishing and just thinking...those are lake days and those are the best! We went down for three days and we soaked up every second of it! On the way into town I stopped by my grandparents grave to show the boys. I tried to explain to them about a legacy...all because they had a dream to live on the lake my parents have enjoyed it and raised us to enjoy it and now I’m raising them to enjoy it! The house is still full of their things and I made coffee and drank from the same cup grandma used to drink from when we would sit on the porch together. I can imagine they are looking down pleased that we are all still enjoying and loving the property they too loved so dearly!


















WMcKenna loves it, too!




 
Richard had the jet ski tuned up and we enjoyed some time out on the open lake playing with that! He was the taxi service for several hours!

















 
















We all did quite a bit of fishing at all different times of the day. Richard’s friend James and my dad came in on Friday morning and they all fished the lake by boat. Later that night, we fished again from the dock and on Saturday Sonja came and we fished some more. We caught mostly catfish, a few drums and the big catch was a soft shell turtle that took Sonja and all three little boys to get on the dock. He got the hook caught in his foot so once they unhooked him they let him go back into the lake.










This little guy took Kelby’s pole right of the dock and into the water. Luckily it was shallow enough that we could see the tip of it and Kelby went in after it!
   






  


































We finished our time in Granbury on the square at Babe’s...delicious as always!



No comments: