Saturday, March 23, 2019

A birthday surprise

Years ago, for the 10th birthday I decided to do something different and forego a big birthday party and do a surprise day out of school. For Troy and Kelby it was to the State Fair. As Teague’s birthday has gotten closer he has told me several times he does not want a surprise outing, he wants a big party with all his friends. I had already planned, taken off work and talked with his friend’s Mom about his surprise, so I would just smile and nod as he told me his thoughts about his party. As the big day approached, I just knew he was going to cry when I surprised him because he would realize he wasn’t going to get his party. So, we dropped off all the boys at their school and then when I started to take Teague I turned the wrong way and he started yelling at me that I was going the wrong way and he was going to be late. I then yelled Surprise! and fortunately, he did not cry! I told him we had to make one stop before birthday day began and when we pulled up into his friend’s driveway he was all smiles! They had 3 clues to solve which took us to the donut shop for breakfast, to a gas station for snacks and to change clothes and our final stop was Epic Waters! They were so excited!








































Once we got there they immediately went to the pool with the basketball goals and played there a long time before then trying out the lazy river. These two activities kept them busy for several hours before they got hungry.


















































For lunch, we were able to leave the park and meet my mom and brother for hamburgers! It was a nice break to refuel and also to visit with them for a bit.
























Round 2 was trying out the slides, playing in the arcade and eating ice cream. At about 5pm they came back to the table looking exhausted and worn out. They played so hard for 7 hours!













 
























15 minutes into the drive home they we’re out!!  What a fun day!



No comments: