Saturday, March 09, 2019

In the wilderness

This year started off with so much momentum; from my new word for 2019 to starting the year with the Women’s Retreat to stepping out in faith and leave youth ministry at our church home.  It was a crazy few weeks and I was excited to jump into whatever God had for me and us.

When Richard and I stepped down from Acts we both felt strongly that the Lord was calling us to do something out in our own town. We live in a small, tight knit community, but unfortunately, there is not much out here in the way of thriving churches or youth groups.















As the year has been progressing forward, we still do not know what exactly He is wanting us to do in our community. Is it a church? Is it a youth group? Is it something in our home?  The not knowing and lack of moving forward is becoming frustrating for me. I am definitely more like a microwave and Richard like a crock pot.  I would have started something 8 weeks ago where as Richard is a visionary and likes to think about things for a loooong time!! I am thankful we have each other and our individual strengths partner well with our weaknesses. Over the last week I have heard or read or someone has prayed over me the words “be still”, which literally means stop striving. So, I have tried to take that to heart in every moment this past week. Today in my daily reading for the One Year Bible I read in Numbers about how the Israelites moves through the wilderness only following the pillar of smoke or pillar of fire.  When the cloud moved, they packed up camp and followed and when the cloud stopped, they set up camp...never knowing for how long and always ready to move.  By following and obeying, the Lord was able to guide them to things and away from things that only He could see.  As I read that, I felt like it went perfectly with the word “be still” that I’ve heard all week. When He moves, I will move, but also when He stops , I will stop. I don’t know what is ahead, but He does so instead of wanting to press forward ahead of Him, I’ll chose to be patient.  I know He loves the people in our community more than I do so in the waiting I will continue to love Him and love others well and wait expectantly! Good things are yet to come, in Jesus’ name!





No comments: