Thursday, November 05, 2009

My blog

Definitions

Blog - Noun
web log, blog - a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies

1st Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Opinion - Noun
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal
___________________________________________________
The previous blog post sure did cause an up roar! To be honest though it wasn't the post, it was the Anonymous comment that set things in motion. I have contemplated blocking my blog from some or closing it all together but that would not bring the glory back to God when He has brought me through this trial. So to those that continue to read my postings let me make clear what this blog is about...

I created this blog long before I had children and it was a place where I could update family and friends on my life since we were spread across the state, and world for that matter. It was a place that I celebrated the good times and asked for support during the uncertain times and begged for prayer during the bad times. As children have come into my life they naturally took the blog by storm, as I think they are such cute angels, but they are not my entire life. This has always been, and will continue to be a blog about my life and my personal experiences as I live this life.

The great thing about a blog is that my 1st amendment right lets me express my opinion regardless of what others feel about that opinion. And to be frank, if you don't like my opinion, start your own blog and write about it. Blogging is very therapeutic and an easy way to spread news or prayer requests or just to let people know you are still hanging in there. I firmly believe in the verse "where two or more are gathered He is there" So to all of you who are praying diligently, I am grateful for you and I know that is one of the only ways I am surviving day to day through this whole ordeal. I am choosing to leave my blog public and moderate all comments that come through so that God will continue to work through His Word, through my pain, and through your support to show us all His faithfulness.

5 comments:

KMHR said...

B -

Thank you for your faithfulness to bringing the glory back to God! What a testimony you are sharing with others and I'm elated that despite negative opinions or feedback, you continue to remain a servant of our Lord! Hang in there and know you are in our prayers.

w/ love,
Kharissa

The Elliott Family said...

You amaze me!

Kristi said...

It is your blog and you have EVERY right to say whatever you please!!

Brie said...

I agree

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. It's your life, your blog, and your right to say what you need to say.

I have re-read your entry several times and in no way did you disrespect Daniel. You spoke about how he was a great dad and a great person, but at the time he is choosing to behave differently from that. You asked for prayer, FROM YOUR FRIENDS, and in my opinion you handled it in a mature manner. It is obvious that God is running your "show" right now because most women in your shoes would have handled this differently.

All of us that know Daniel DO love Daniel, but that doesn't mean that we agree with his actions right now. We are all praying, and will continue to do so. I pray for Troy and Teague the most because I love them with all my heart. I know we all want to see your family together again and that is our prayer.

I hope you continue to share your heart on your blog because I know that God can and will do great things through this. You are loved.