Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Satan's Handiwork

I have always believed that Satan was real. I would see bad things happen around the world and would say that Satan probably had a hand in that or that God was allowing Satan to work in that situation. But now, as I continue to get deeper into this trial, I see Satan like I have never seen him before.

Most people reading this blog know my husband, Daniel. He is a passionate follower of Christ, has a love for children, adores his own 2 boys, has a zest for adventure, is super romantic, has a tender side those close to him get to see, loves to joke around, enjoys learning, is alway first to try something new, stable in all he does, honest to a fault, and he loves deeply...or at least that was Daniel up until about 3 months ago.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel, myself nor our relationship was perfect but I have watched Satan cover Daniel's eyes, take a truth and twist it into a lie, and lead him down a path in which there seems to be no return. The Daniel that I spoke of in the above paragraph is gone. Now who I encounter is a shell of a man with no sparkle in his eye, no confidence in his step and no joy in his heart. The words from his mouth proclaim that he is happy with his choices and when he goes "home" he is happy with that family. How in the world could he possibly be happy with a counterfeit family when his real family is loving, praying and wanting him to come home?? And the answer is in James 1:15 -
"Our desires make us sin, and when sin is finished with us, it leaves us dead."
The man I knew, that we all knew, is dead. Sin has had its way with him and now has left Daniel to "enjoy" his choices.

But here is the Hope. John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth and the life!..." Christ is Daniel's only hope, his only help at this point, and his only way back to the joy he once knew. Please pray for Daniel and that God would bind Satan from anymore damage, that God would open his eyes like he did Saul in Acts 9:18 - "Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized..." and that God would show Daniel His unconditional love.

I truly believe that God will use this situation for His glory, and I have already started to see the tip of that. Again, I have no idea how this whole ordeal will end, but I do know God is faithful to those who trust Him and the boys and I know our future will be secure as long as we continue to follow God.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could not have said it better. We do all love the real Daniel, I hope and pray that the real Daniel returns. Love you

Brie said...

I'm praying!!! You are staying the course and staying
faithful to God and trusting Him. He really is all that is faithful and trustworthy!!!

Anonymous said...

For those friends and family of Daniel who frequent this blog please know that Daniel has in no way swayed from his relationship with God. He is still the strong, loving, compassionate, and fun person he has always been. At first when these accusations started, I worried about him too, but the story seemed a little one sided. Not to mention, Daniel would never make a decision of this magnitutde without good reason, plenty of thought, conversation with God, and acceptance of the consequences. After witnessing all that has gone on and gaining a through understanding of what he has been through over the last several years, I understand his position. Even if I do not agree with it. It is not my place - nor anyone elses to judge him for it. The drudging details from the true events that lead to this situation are, of course, not disclosed here (nor anywhere else) - neither are the harsh, completely unforgivable words and actions taking place behind the scene by the author. It would be a shame for those who blindly believe her words to find out just how dishonest, judgemental, even unlawful she has been in her words and actions through these times. From one Christian to the next - we know better than to judge Daniel- only God has that right. If you are truly concerned with the "post-divorce" Daniel, talk to him! He is the same man - our friend, our family!

Anonymous said...

Brook--I thought y'all were just friends?! Isn't that what you told me months ago? Since when do friends shack up together? Doesn't sound too Godly to me. But that's just a thought.

Brittany said...

The above anonymous comment was left by Brook, Daniel's mistress.

Anonymous said...

Girl (Brook) you need to get a life. It's sad that you are sitting around looking at Brittany's blog in your spare time. You need to keep your thoughts to yourself because nobody gives a shit what you think. You knew damn well what you were doing when you became Daniels "friend" and you have no place to talk about how close Daniel is to God. You don't even know him, seeing as how you just met him a few months ago. I know the real Daniel, and you DON'T. You already screwed things up enough, so get off this blog and mind your own damn business. Seriously. If you were such a good person then you wouldn't feel the need to constantly defend yourself. Frankly we are tired of hearing your bull shit. Nobody cares.

Anonymous said...

I don't care what went on "behind the scenes", you don't cheat on your wife, leave your family, and break that promise and then TRY to justify it. And it's just as bad to be "that other woman". Brooke, you have a lot of balls to get on your boyfriend's wife's blog and write shit like that. WOW.

Karen said...

Isn't it funny how the "other woman" is the first to justify things. Let me tell you, I have been on both sides of this fence. No matter what goes on in the home of a MARRIED Christian couple the MAN should NEVER leave his HOME to shack up with another woman. If things were that bad at home then that MAN needs to seek continued counseling (yes, I said CONTINUED) and if he needs to seek a shelter during that time, then by all means do so... with a family member, or perhaps even a couple in the church. When you leave your HOME and start to stay with a woman, no matter what the "relationship" is classified as... that is wrong and it speaks volumes about what is really going on. No way around it. I'm pretty sure I clearly read where Brittany said she wasnt perfect in her blog. For someone to hide under "anonymous" and try to point out things Brittany has done wrong, clearly is misguided as to what this post was all about and what a blog is for that matter. Again, go back and read her blog from the top.
Like I said, I was on the other side of the fence once. A LONG time ago I did not respect anothers marriage because I listened to that man tell me story after story of how mistreated he was. You know what... it does not matter if his wife was the devil it was NOT my place to "listen" to his problems, give my advice and in turn get way too close. It was flat wrong of me. Let me tell you, I did not like his wife, she was pretty darn close to being the devil but I regret those decisions EVERY time I come across another woman who can not respect a married couples vows. It was not my place, no matter the situation. How trashy was I? There I admitted it. Now I think the "other women" out there need to come to terms with the damage they are doing. By no sense of the means can you truly be walking close to the Lord and be involved with a married man via text/emails/ private phone calls / and definitely 'overnight' visits.

Have an issue with my comment? email me. kkgaskill@yahoo.com.

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous,

A verse that you would do well to read and memorize given that you have referred numerous times to Daniel being "judged."

This is from 1 Corinthians 5:11-13, "But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

As you can see, this verse must be understood as well as the verse that people who only know a little Scripture often quote which is "judge not lest you be judged."

To say that calling sin, sin is judging is to totally miss the point of Jesus' and Paul's teaching. You should consider that there are NEVER circumstances in which we find ourselves in which we MUST sin to remove our self. That would make God a liar and worse.

Anonymous said...

Praying for everyone in this situation...praying for strength for Brittany, and that she will continue to seek The Lord in each decision, each confrontation, and every moment she is faced with the harsh reality of raising a family by herself. Praying for Daniel...that he will CRY OUT to The Lord, beg forgiveness, fully repent, and mend his broken home. Praying for anyone on the outside...that they will pray for this family to be together the way God intended.

Stay faithful, sweet friend!