Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful: Day 1

This week I want to focus on all the things that I am thankful for. The first one won't be a surprise to anyone...Troy and Teague!!

These two boys have brought so much joy into my life and so many lessons too. I am so thankful and humbled that God gave me two precious lives to raise and to point toward Him. I daily have to remind myself that He loves them more than I do and wants the very best for them too. It is an honor to think that I am the vessel He is choosing to use to grow them into warriors for Christ. My prayer for them nightly it for them to be confident in their faith and secure in my love and in Christ's love for them. In learning to parent, I see how Christ sometimes has to parent us and it has made me see my relationship with Him different and also makes me a little more forgiving of the boys when they get into trouble. I am not any better at hearing it once and then getting it right!

I am thankful for Troy and how independent he is becoming. I always need an extra set of hands to help with Teague and he is right there wanting to help brother!! I am thankful that he is a quick learner and loves to tell me about his day at school and even more special what he learned at church. Nothing warms my heart more than to hear him talk about God and Jesus. I am so proud of him!

I am thankful for Teague and what a happy, sweet baby he is. We prayed hard for Teague and that he would be an 'easy' baby (if there is such a thing) and God answered that prayer abundantly! His smiles and laughter fill a room and draw those around him to us like a magnet. I am thankful for the quiet times that I am still enjoying rocking him and looking into his liquid blue eyes wondering what God has planned for his life.

I could go on all day about those two!! They are special boys and will grow to be special men one day, I just know it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I am so thankful for them too. I love that I was there when both of them were born, I will never forget those moments that we all shared together.

Troy has such a kind spirit. Every time Brandon is around him that is all I hear...what a good boy he is. You and Daniel both did a wonderful job pointing him in the right direction. I can only hope we can do the same with Miss Brylee!

You are right about Teague. He is just so good, and definitely a magnet. He just stares at you forever and doesn't make a sound! I love both of them so very much and I hope I will always play a role in their life. Love you!

Brie said...

So beautiful and sweet. There is nothing like a mothers love!!!!