Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the eleventh day of Christmas...

My True Love gave to me...

snow

In all my 30 years I don't know if I have ever seen snow on Christmas. Today Troy and I had a date for a movie. We saw The Princess and the Frog and it was such a good movie! Afterwards, we headed back outside to the car and to my surprise it was snowing. We spent the rest of the day taking pictures in the snow, making snowballs, and drinking hot cider. What a great Christmas Eve this has been for our family.

Freshly fallen, undisturbed snow is so beautiful. You rarely see that here, but I loved that about living in Lubbock. Today's snow reminded me of Lubbock. The snow is so white and under the moon it looks like it sparkles. Tomorrow many will wake up and think only of the gifts under the tree but I hope I can enjoy the moment of the day while remembering why we celebrate Christmas in the first place. When Christ looks at me, He only sees white. Amazing grace that I don't deserve. Unconditional love that He freely gives. A divine, supernatural relationship that I am honored to be invited to partake in everyday.

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.


No comments: