Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On the tenth day of Christmas...

My True Love gave to me...

His patience

Ever have one of those days where you start early, end late, and everything in between is super busy? You barely have time to eat much less sit and have a meaningful conversation with your spouse, and as you both crawl into bed the only words said are "What a day!"

As I am learning to see God as my Husband and intimate friend I find myself in that scenario today. I enjoyed family and friends, long overdue good girl talk, and even a little bit of alone time. As the day is ending I look up and realize I didn't have much time (or make much time) to earnestly seek Him out today. He was still present in the beautiful sunset I enjoyed and within the family dinner we had and most of all in the laughter I shared with my friends today, but it's been a hectic day and as I lay down I hear myself telling Him, "wow, I'm tired!" And as any good husband would say to their wife after expressing that thought, I can hear God whispering, "You have had a long day. You should get some rest and we will catch up tomorrow." What a patient, loving God we serve!

2 comments:

Brie said...

He is sooo patient!!! I love the beautiful picture of His love you have painted

Marc and Laura Rose said...

Brit, I had the best time at lunch w/you and Tanna today. It is so encouraging to me to see you walking faithfully through this. Just know this - He is using you to encourage me. Love you.