Friday, December 25, 2009

On the twelveth day of Christmas...

My True Love gave to me...

transformation

The last 5 months have been life changing for me in so many ways, and I am thankful God loved me enough to not give up on me. He has also been patient enough to walk with me as I take baby steps into becoming the Proverbs 31 woman that I crave to be. Today I remembered that He gave us His son so we would have eternal life, but it doesn't stop there. This life on earth is to be lived abundantly too. Since I am a Christian, then the Holy Spirit is living in me and my actions should reflect that daily. As a friend put it, quoted from Francis Chan, "if we woke up tomorrow and discovered that it is not true the Holy Spirit lives inside us, most likely our lives wouldn't look much different."

I do not want that to be me. The power of the Holy Spirit is something I want to tap into everyday, not just something I have to keep me out of hell.

After 12 days of seeking God's presence I am on my way to making this spiritual discipline a habit. I have really enjoyed the closeness I have felt with God not only as my Lord, but also as my friend. I have enjoyed starting each day with anticipation in where I will meet Him today and ending my day with a smile knowing I took the time to look for Him and He stepped down from Heaven to meet with me also. I never thought that the last 12 days would be so eye opening and heart melting, but what else could I expect from the Lover of my soul?

3 comments:

Brie said...

I think every bride of Christ needs this perspective

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Brit! I've so enjoyed your posts and they've brought about lots of reflection on my own walk. Lots of love and prayers are being sent your way!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed these 12 days. I was just now able to sit down at the computer, at 1 in the morning, and read them. I had a rough day, a long drive back from Arkansas, but I couldn't go to bed until I felt God. So...

I decided to look at your blog, knowing that I would feel God. And I did. I am grateful for that Brit. Thank you for sharing your heart. I know that you are feeling pain along with this joy, but I hope you know that your pain means something and it matters.

I think I can go to bed now. We will catch up soon. Love you