Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Does it have to end??






We are headed home and I hate this part of vacations, but here are my favorites from this trip:

Favorite meal: At Oceana - Queen Snapper with spinach-asparagus risotto followed by creme brulee for dessert - it all just melted in your mouth.

Favorite drink: Pomegranate martini

Favorite purchase: a new sundress and necklace that my mom found.


Favorite activity: making pizzas with my uncle. He lives on Water Island so he came over and picked us up on his boat and we went over there to see his house and deli/bar. Once we got to his island we parked the boat and got into a golf cart to drive to their house. It was quite an ordeal to just get to their house, but a great adventure.
me driving the golf cart...and they drive on the opposite side of the road so that was interesting!!




Favorite place: in the lounge chair, reading a book, listening to the waves. I think I was doing this 95% of the time!!!

Favorite outfit: Provided by Chris...THANK YOU!!!




Favorite memory: Seeing a rainbow streak across the sky one morning during my morning devotional.

Favorite animal: Although there were iguanas, lizards, cats, birds and chickens on the hotel grounds, my favorite two things were the crabs on the beach and the cute little clear and yellow fish I saw while snorkeling.



Favorite "take-home" thought: "Say what you need to say" I heard this song alot while we were here and it really made me think. So, whether positive or negative, I will try to follow that saying. I know who I am, what God is asking of me, what areas to strive to improve and that I am the only person that knows all of those things, so I will stand firm in that. It's great how a vacation can completely clear your head. I needed this more than I realized.

3 comments:

Brie said...

I'm so glad you gained clarity and relaxation. You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love the dress that Chris bought you. Lots of points in the shopping category!!! Looks like you had a good time, but more importantly it looks like you got your thoughts clear. Which is huge! Now go home and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

SO glad you were able to get away. Vacation looks great on you...the pictures are gorgeous!!