Thursday, September 08, 2011

Adventure #14

Over the summer I had been craving a good, deep Bible study. I got together with several different girlfriends over the summer and our conversations always seemed to turn spiritual and what God was doing in our lives and I realized that I wanted to do some sort of women's study group. As the summer ended, I had this feeling that I needed to contact one of my girlfriends down in the Austin area concerning finding a Bible study. I figured she would know if there was anything in the area that I was looking for, and sure enough she did!! I checked out the website she suggested and there was a women's Bible study on Biblical Womanhood on Thursdays at 6am..the one morning I do not have the boys! It was too perfect and too easy, which made me excited because obviously God has something great to teach me through this.

This morning was our first meeting and I left there even more excited then I already was!! The speaker started off the conversation by talking about what we can expect from this study. She mentioned the word "adventure" several times and since that is my "2011 one word" it resonated loudly with me and I felt God reaffirm that I am supposed to be in this study!! I am anxious to learn what it means to be a Godly woman and what that looks like in our culture these days and how exactly a Godly woman relates to and with a Godly man. I am definitely looking forward to the next 7 months in this study!!

No comments: