Monday, September 12, 2011

Adventure #15




Several months ago, Tanna and I were hanging out and started talking about her upcoming Women's Conference. She was telling me about how she wanted the theme to be about women being healthy in all areas of their lives. She was talking about how there are 4 faces of a Godly woman...

The Beloved face: having Christ at the center and seeing yourself as He sees you
The Princess face: being patient and a prayer warrior and that sometimes we are called to just pray and trust God
The Friend face: how to be a good friend and surround yourself with good friends
The Lover face: how to be a woman of intimacy, on many different levels

She mentioned that my testimony would fit well with the Princess face and without hesitation I said "sure!" As the weekend grew closer and closer, I kept wondering why I said yes!! Speaking in front of groups of people is not really like me at all! But, a few years ago I remember reading in a book that my greatest misery just might be my greatest ministry, and I'm so humbled that I was able to share what God did in my life and to show that He does, and still is, making beauty from ashes. It was a great night of fellowship and worship and I'm so glad I could be apart of it.




All 4 of us who spoke on the 4 faces of a Godly woman.






No comments: