Saturday, September 24, 2011

A test

After recently giving my testimony at the Ladies Night and being 3 weeks into my Bible Study, Biblical Womanhood, I have really started to see how God created woman and our roles and even my role individually. Being a woman is hard and our culture has definitely skewed the image of what a great woman is. If I truly desire to be a Godly woman, a Proverbs 31 woman, then there are certain things that are required of me, and dying to my selfish desires is one of them. Seems easy in theory, "Sure, God, Your will not mine" but then when it's time to put that into practice it doesn't seem so easy and I feel the same old selfish thoughts wanting to take the place of what I've worked so hard to change within myself.

It seems like whenever God wants to teach you something there is always a test, I don't know why that is surprising to me, since that is how school works, but nevertheless I am always shocked when I am tested, and I'm not sure it's always God doing the testing. I think sometimes it's satan seeing how committed you really are towards being more Christlike. This week was a hard one and gave me several opportunities to see my progress towards being a better woman, teacher, friend, mother, etc...and I hope that I passed!

1 comment:

Jenny Phillips "Here it is" said...

You amaze me, constantly I am in awe of your grace, patience and example of how you honor God. You state that we are challenged in life and I agree with that, in my opinion you pass and set the bar high for women in our community of followers. I am more than blessed to have you in my life. Now I need to go pray because I struggle with my own jealousy of your beauty ;-)

Jenny on the block