Sunday, September 25, 2011

Perfect Day

There are very few days I have logged in my head as "perfect days", but yesterday will go down as one of them. I was anxious to get out of town and spend some time with Richard after a tough week, and once I got there, I was able to relax and have a blast. The kids wanted to ride 4 wheelers so we did that for awhile and then went over to his parents house where the kids were going to stay for dinner. Richard has such sweet parents and it was nice to see them again. Richard and I then left and picked up his friend James and his wife AK to go to the store to get food to grill. As we cooked and ate, we enjoyed watching Baylor beat Rice and, of course, kept up with the score of the Tech game. Before it got too dark, we headed out for a 4 wheeler ride. I was thinking we were going around the block and in the field where we normally ride with the kids, but I was wrong. The guys headed down the road to the lake to ride the trails out there. It was so much fun. On the ride out there, the sun set was brilliant pinks and purples, I wished I had brought my camera, but soon was thankful I didn't when they decided to turn our ridin' trails trip into a muddin' trip. We returned home filthy, but loved every minute of it! After we got back, the guys had to go pick up their inflatables so AK and I tagged along to help. (Richard and James own Bouncin' Around Inflatables if you are looking to rent inflatables in the area) The night ended late and I was exhausted, but I didn't care. The whole day felt like therapy for my soul!


Richard getting the 4 wheeler ready to go!



Koby about to ride

Sweet Baylee

The men at the grill

James ready to go

Richard and I on the 4 wheeler...he always has to make a silly face :) And looking at this picture now, I am thinking I really should have pulled my hair back!

No comments: