Friday, December 30, 2011

Closing 2011

For the past couple of weeks I have been thinking about the past year. I loved choosing one word and trying to see everything that I do through the lens of that one word. To read how I chose my 2011 word click here. I loved the word Adventure and after 52 weeks of trying to make everything an adventure, it comes pretty easy for me now. It's weird to look back and think that I wasn't like this. I mean, I have always loved a good time, but if it didn't match my timeline or fit into my plan then it upset me. I now see the things that happen off plan are the things that are truly going to be an adventure and I try not to have a bad attitude about it, but make the most of the moment. And since it's not so planned out, it's very exciting to see how each experience will play out.  I really enjoyed my year of adventure and I'm happy with the person it has shaped me to be.   As 2012 begins, I can't wait to get started on my new word!


No comments: