Sunday, December 15, 2013

My 2013 'one word'

Time again to reflect on 2013 and look forward to 2014! My 'one word' for 2013 was 'community'

See HERE for that post.

I feel like God directed our path to a fabulous Life Group within our church.  We didn't truly get plugged in until about March, and even then it was still a little sporadic due to basketball. Yet,two months later when we got engaged they threw us a party and the weekend before the wedding they gave us scriptures to hang in our home and prayed over us.   They took us in and loved us from the very beginning! We have loved our Wednesday nights together studying the Word and visiting and eating.  I have really come to look forward to the mid-week time of worship and fellowship with these families.

In the new year, our group will be multiplying into two different groups and in light of that, they decided we would each share our testimonies in a brief 5 minute blurb.  Couples went back to back and then there was a time for questions. It was so neat to hear the different journeys everyone has been on and how God works in such different ways based on what you need.  Last Wednesday, Richard and I shared our individual stories.  It was probably the first time I shared my story to people who hadn't walked through it with me, so it was scary to be vulnerable and to possibly be judged...I mean 'divorce' has a stigma to it and I hate that I even have to utter that word associated with me, but I do. Thankfully God redeems and no one judged!

Revelation 12:11
They overcame him (satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony...

Our stories came out behind quivering voices and trickles of tears, but at the end of the night I felt closer to Richard and to everyone in the group. I can not think of a more perfect way to end my year of  'community' than to know and be known!

No comments: