Sunday, December 01, 2013

Preparing for Christmas!


I love getting all the Christmas decorations out and decorating the house!  I got some fresh garland and poinsettias during the Black Friday rush that add such a nice smell in the house!  This being our first Christmas in one house, it was fun to go through all the ornaments and choose which ones to put on the tree.  I love the ones with pictures of our little babies and the homemade ornaments the kids have made throughout the years.




My aunt even surprised me with an early Christmas present...this ornament with our family picture in it!  I love it, Sonja!  Thank you!!

In attempting to blend families together I am trying to keep traditions from both sides, yet also create our own.  So, I am trying something new this year.  I have wrapped 25 activities that we will partake in through the month.  We will let one kid open one gift a night and enjoy whatever it it as a family!  I tried to keep each activity family related or Christ centered so we will all remember what this season is truly about.  I am so thankful for being able to share this Christmas with a big family of 7 and how Jesus truly is the best gift of all!!

No comments: