Saturday, June 03, 2017

Extraordinary

It's been 6 months with the word Extraordinary and I wanted to make sure that I documented all the things the Lord has done in that short amount of time.  When I chose the word Extraordinary I wanted to be more intentional about hearing from the Lord and then acting on that.  If practice makes perfect how will I ever get better at hearing the Lord if I don't act on what He says to figure out if it was truly the Lord I heard...if that makes sense!?!?

So in my initial posting on Extraordinary I wanted to be used to help free people in whatever way the Lord chose.  I have found myself praying more intentionally, seeking out those who need prayer and praying aloud over them and being more aware of my surroundings from a spiritual stand point, and here is the fruit of those actions...

Over the last 6 months I've seen:
- a teenage boy regain his sight after a firework blew up on his face
- a toddler go from 30 seizures a day to having 0 over the last 13 days
- Teague come to know Jesus as Savior
- a youth accept Jesus as her Savior and then be baptized in Holy Spirit
- Richard recover from back pain that had left him in agony
- a lost teenager reunited with her family hours after our church collectively cried out to the Lord.

With every instance above, except in Richard's case, corporate prayer was involved; believers coming together, stopping what they are doing and asking the Lord to move.  In Richard's case, it was just me. He threw his back out and couldn't barely move or straighten up.  I had no clue what to do or how to help him, but I immediately heard "pray."  So, I did...and not just a quiet, in my head prayer, but an out loud, confident prayer, like I see Jesus pray in the Bible. Afterwards, he was able to stand and walk slowly.  Although he wasn't completely healed immediately, he was able to carry on with the day and our plans, and over the next few days his back returned to normal.  I believe God taught me so much through that experience.  Boldness and faith are definitely requirements when choosing to walk out a biblical lifestyle and I need to increase in both!!  As I look back on all these instances I see people being freed...from pain or illness or grief or an eternity in hell, and I also see God getting the glory!  Not a day goes by that I don't encounter at least one individual who needs freedom and God's heart is for them to experience that freedom.  I just pray I'm the vessel He chooses to use to bring it to them.

I love the lyrics "The more I seek you, the more I find you.  The more I find you, the more I love you."  I finding more and more truth in this as I go deeper with the Lord.  He never ceases to amaze me and every encounter only leaves me wanting to know Him more! I'm looking forward to the next six months and how God is going to move! 

No comments: